I have been lead to believe that JGL gives the best hugs ever:
xlasthorizon: i made a really narrow turn and almost knocked over a fence/mailbox
xlasthorizon: then i almost backed into a house
ohwooowlovely: good fucking job
xlasthorizon: -great driver-
xlasthorizon: YOU TRY DRIVING
xlasthorizon: ON A BUSY STREET
Why Stephenie Meyer’s argument is invalid:
Meyer: “Oh gosh, don’t get mad at me but I don’t know what a wizard fight looks like in her (JKRowling’s) head. I know what it looks like in the movies so I have to go on what it looks like in the movies. But here is the thing, if it’s possible for a human to duck a wand being shot at them; a vampire is not going to have a problem. The fight would be over in .01 seconds because Edward would be across the room snapping his (Harry’s) neck. He would be done. He wouldn’t even have time to say his spell word. I’m sorry but Edward would win that one.”
The long version for why her argument is invalid:
- “I know what it looks like in the movies so I have to go on what it looks like in the movies.” You can’t know how a wizard fights if you’ve only seen what it looks like in the movies, because the movies don’t explain much and you won’t know what you’re talking about. How about you go read the books like a big girl, (evaluate the messages behind the story while you’re at it), then get back to me.
- “to duck a wand being shot at them”? You don’t duck a wand being shot at you. You can dodge a curse or hex that’s being shot at you. I’m pretty sure people don’t throw their wands at each other, that would just be silly and wouldn’t do much damage to your opponent (unless you happened to hit them in the eyeball, but the odds of that happening are are slim.)
- “a vampire is not going to have a problem” Sorry but I think vampires already have many problems. One of their problems is that they’re vampires.
- “The fight would be over in .01 seconds because Edward would be across the room snapping his (Harry’s) neck” It is not physically possible to cross the room and snap someone’s neck in .01 seconds. Edward is made out of a marble-like substance so realistically, he shouldn’t be able to move at all. But I’ll play along and pretend he can move. He could travel across an entire room in a tenth of a second and snap someone’s neck even though he must be extremely heavy? Heavy people can’t move that fast. Maybe Edward can move fast, but not fast enough to travel across an entire room (about 20 ft.) in less than a second. So let’s say Edward can travel across the entire room in a few seconds. By the time Edward gets halfway across the room, Harry could say “IMPEDIMENTA” and slow that motherfucker down, giving him time to say “Avada kedavra”.
- “Edward would be across the room snapping his (Harry’s) neck.” Let’s pretend Edward actually did snap Harry’s neck. How the fuck is that gonna kill a wizard? Madam Pomfrey could heal that shit in no time and then Harry would be back in the game, ready to crucio some hoes (namely, Edward)
- “He would be done.” Yeah, Harry would be done killing Edward.
- “He wouldn’t even have time to say his spell word.” Spell word? Its called an incantation, stupid woman. And yes, he would have time to say his “spell word” because it only takes a second to say it. And if Harry was using nonverbal spells, it would take him less than that.
- “I’m sorry but Edward would win that one.” I’m sorry but you are the weakest link. Goodbye.
The short version for why her argument is invalid:
She’s a woman. What is she even doing out of the kitchen?